This team meeting will focus on Episode 2 development of Boss Cutters and discuss various updates on other projects.
We're discussing the following items:
- Lakeside Short Film Festival (LSFF)
- Schedule and location
- Boss Cutters
- Story arch
- Episode #1
Discussion on upcoming Madison 48 hour film festival, Boss Cutters and its story arch, and episodes.
Focus on Boss Cutters and Underground Repairman.
Discussion this week on the following:
*Boss Cutters - illustrations, script, website page, etc.
*TA and RTM Premiere
*RTM Film Festivals
*SCOKS Updates - teaser
The LSP team is looking to be present on Saturday April 22nd.
- Turn Around & Return to Me Premiere
- Sunday May 28th from 1 to 3pm at the Rigby (119 E Main St, Madison, WI 53703)
- Boss Cutters
- Script update - week of 4/24
- Illustration update (poster) - this week
- Casting and modeling update - soon (we have tabs on another artist to complete this for us)
- Trailer draft - soon (Ben is working on this presently)
- Return to Me Film Festivals
- Milwaukee Shorts and Womens Film Festivals (+others)
- Other projects
- Maiden of Honor - filming on 4/22, extras needed - contact Natalie and/or Ben for more information
- LSP - TBD
No regularly scheduled LSP Team Meeting.
We're discussing poster and story concepts for Boss Cutters, our upcoming project.
6:30 pm - Twisted Wisconsin Shorts- A collection of some of the best genre shorts from around Wisconsin. Featuring everything from comedies, a documentary, thrillers, and creepy clowns. Hosted by Deadgar Winter and his Dead Girls. With many of the directors in attendance. Runtime - 120 minutes
- American Zombie - Dir. Joe Bowes
- Dead Man's Carnival: A Conversation with Pinkerton Xyloma - Dir. Casey Malone
- Don't Cry, Papa - Dir. Danny Villanueva
- Do You Love Me? - Dir. Michael Viers (World Premiere)
- Everlasting - Dir. Ramon Campos Jr.
- Gags - Dir. Adam Krause
- Last Chance - Dir. Oswaldo Martinez
- The Switchback - Dir. Eli Streenlage
- Where the Great Spirits Live - Dir. Melonie Gartner
9 pm - Opening Night Party at 42 Lounge
12 pm - Liquid Dreams: Not Your Father's Saturday Morning Cartoons - A collection of animated films that will bring you to bizare worlds and deadly encounters. Runtime - 72 minutes
- Death and the Iron Maiden - Dir. Kevin McGuiness
- Disappearance - Dir. Konie Kim
- Don't Look Under Your Bed - Dir. Radheya Jegatheva
- First Snowfall - Dir. Sam Chou
- Ghost Pirates - Dir. Maxwell Perry
- Giant Squid - Dir. Maxwell Perry
- Hive - Dir. Adam Ciolfi
- Me, Baby, and the Alligator - Dir. Jean Faucher
- Nightmare Endless - Dir. Jorge F. de Sauza
- Prisma - Dir. Coop Cooper
- Sitophobia - Dir. Bradford Uyeda
- Sweet Selfdestruction - Dir. Sandra Jovanowska
- The Perfumist - Dir. Fabulous Four
- Vicarious - Dir. Dana Grace Windsor
- You are not the Strongest -Dir. Emilio Yebra
2 pm - Serial Killer Culture - Dir. John Borowski - A Documentary that examines the reasons why artists and collectors are fascinated by serialkillers. Through music, painting, filmmaking, writing, and collecting thirteen individuals are interviewed about creating art and searching for murderous artifacts. Immediately following we will have a panel discussion with director John Borowski and one of the subjects of the film Hart Fisher. Runtime - 110 minutes
4:30 pm - BGG (Blood, Guts, and Gore) Nightmare Short Block - A block of shorts for those that love gore. Not for the faint of heart. Runtime - 96 minutes
- Blurred Vision - Dir. Michael Giannantonio
- Chateau Souvignon: Terroir - Dir. David E. Munz-Maire
- Die! Sitter! Die!: Rupert - Dir. Boxleitner Brothers
- Do Not Disturb! - Dir. Pedro Tavares
- Girl #2 - Dir. David Jeffery
- Cauchemar Capitonne (Studded Nightmare) - Dir. Jean-Claude Leblanc
- The Stylist - Dir. Jill Gevargizian
7 pm - Welcome to Willits - Dir. Trevor Ryan - Based on the SXSW Award Winning Short Film this feature adaption is about a group of campers who get lost in the woods near Willits, California. There they encounter strange locals and tales of creatures roaming the woods. Are the stories true? And will they make it out alive? Runtime - 83 minutes
9:30 pm - Who's Watching Oliver? - Dir. Richie Moore - Oliver is a mentally unstable loner lost in a life forced upon him. By Night Oliver wanders the streets and bars on what can only be described as a truly shocking and humiliating killing spree. His only savior and possible way out of a life he is desperate to escape comes in the form of the beautiful Sophia with her sweet eccentricity and naivety to the danger she has put herself in. Will Oliver escape his life? Will Sophia survive? And Who is Watching Oliver? Runtime - 87 minutes
Preceded by the Short Film Salt - Directed by Diego Freitas
Midnight - Another Yeti Life a Love Story: Life on the Street -Dir. Adam Deyoe and Eric Gosselin - Adam, a single father of a yeti baby, is dragged into the seedy underbelly of Los Angeles when his child is kidnapped by an Evil Pimp. Now, with the help of his two new friends, a heroin-addicted yeti prostitute and a sexy stripper, he must fight the forces of evil to save his baby and the world. Runtime - 76 minutes
Preceded by the Short Film Polterstache - Dir. by Nolan Lewis
12 pm- Sunday Brunch Short Block: No Food Just Terror - The creepiest films from around the world will have your heart racing and keep you on the edge of your seat. Runtime - 110 minutes
- Game of Chess - Dir. William David Glenn IV
- Amnesia - Dir. Amanda Abicalaffe
- Hada - Dir. Tony Morales
- NASTY - Dir. Prano Bailey-Bond
- Nibble - Dir Jason Buff
- Siren Call - Dir, Rob Stephens
- The Creep - Dir. Justyn Buske
- The Melody of Evil - Dir. Miguel Angel Duran
- Undercover Mistress - Dir. Giulio Ciancamerla
- VEXED - Dir. Marc Cartwright
2:30 pm - This Woods is Cursed - Dir. Michael Butt - A Wisconsin feature that find five friends going into the woods to celebrate the life of their dear departed friend Francis. During the festivities they awaken an ancient curse. Will any get out alive? Runtime - 88 minutes
Preceded by Murder in the Making: A Documentary- Dir. Hunter Rising
5 pm - Twisted Fantasies Block - A collection of other worldly shorts that will bring you to alternate realities where anything can happen. Runtime - 102 minutes
- Lane (The Dark Wood) Dir. Damon Griffin
- Mayday - Dir. Sebastian Vanicek
- Solitude - Dir. Joris Donvil
- Swing Shift - Dir. Brett Stillo and GRIMES
- The Barber's Cut - Dir. Mark Brocking
- The Puppet Man - Dir. Jacqueline Castel
- The Rat's Dilemma - Dir. Naor Meningher
- The Unconventional Gourment - Dir. Wendy Keeling
- Three Skeleton Key - Dir. Andrew Hamer
7:30 pm - The Power - Dir. Paul Hills - Magda, an anthropologist, is abducted by a cult. Her only way out might be to try to convince them that she is a follower too. But will it work? Runtime - 124 minutes
At this session we're going to take some time and review Return to Me (at the end of the meeting) and discuss the next steps on that project. We have a few updates on Boss Cutters, as well as SCOKS.
No regularly scheduled LSP Team Meeting due to the filming last weekend.
From LakeFrontRow: "This Wed, we’re holding our “State of State Cinema” panel at the Central Madison Library where, among other topics, we’ll unpack the challenges Wisconsin filmmakers face with their projects and look at bridging the divide between artists and their audiences. We’ll also show a handful short films to give you an idea of where we’re coming from."
This is the second day of filming for the SCOKS - teaser.
This will be a production meeting (mainly) for SCOKS - 3/19 shoot (last day of teaser).
The Wildwood Film Festival starts Friday 3/10. The LSP team is looking to attend on 3/11.
We'll be discussing our upcoming project Boss Cutters and updates on The Stone Carver of King Street.
No regular team meeting this week. News on SCOKS production will continue to be distributed as it comes through. Please note that Mortician's in Love is showing Wednesday 3/1 @8pm (Bartell Theatre).
Focus on Boss Cutters and story development.
For LSP team members,, we're expecting to have a dinner at the Jefferson @ 5pm. We'll discuss this weeks objectives and upcoming projects.
Discuss SCOKS documentary story arch, Q&A options, and general business direction. Follow-up on the SCOKS poster, and continue conversation on 2017 projects.
Due to weather conditions today - this meeting is cancelled and will be held next week.
*Review new website functionality and content
*Review SCOKS timeline, including deliverable statuses
The Audience Favorite and $250 goes to: 47 Minutes, Directed by Austin Wilson
Three perfect strangers: a selfless flight attendant, a down-and-out paramedic, and an overworked lawyer go about a normal day when a single act puts their seemingly separate lives on a collision course culminating at the moment that defined our generation.
We hope that you consider us in future years and are aiming to make the event bigger every year. We had a great time and we'll be posting pictures soon on our website and Facebook. If you haven't liked us on Social Media Network, please feel free to and befriend the hosts: Alex Contreras, Bryan Royston, and Nathan Levy (if you haven't already). We'll be more than happy to keep you appraised of upcoming events and 2017 festival events too.