Following the success of the last two years' festivals, Living Storm Productions is once again gathering with fellow filmmakers and film enthusiasts to present an afternoon of short films that are sure to please. We will continue to strive to make this an exciting opportunity to come indoors, relax, see some wonderful films, and network with peers. This year's festival will be held on Sunday, October 29, 2017.
Official Selections will each receive 1 free pass to the event.
Living Storm Productions, an award-winning, independent film production company based in Madison, is holding auditions for its next short film, "Boss Cutters."
"Boss Cutters," story by Craig Olson, screenplay by Adam Al-Sayed. This story is one man’s rise to glory from frightened child to lowly henchman to successful hair stylist. The villains of the world are cunning. They are masterful. They are evil. But who is cutting their hair? What consequences might there be if the wrong sort of people catch on to his game?
Wednesday, August 9th: 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Goodman Community Center, Bolz Meeting Room B
149 Waubesa St., Madison, WI 53704
Accepting electronic auditions through EOD Friday, August 18th
Auditioners will read from sides, provided at the audition (can be made available upon request beforehand). Please come with a headshot and résumé.
End of August possibilities, likeliness to film in September
If you have further questions, please contact Alex Contreras, at email@example.com.
Coif (lead): 18-35 Male. A prideful hair stylist to treacherous individuals; he believes in what he does. He can be gossipy but understanding. Clean cut with an innate sense of style. Coif remains focused on, what he deems, a significant loss in his past.
Secare (antagonist): 20-35 Male. Self righteous and irritating. He looks down upon Coif and those that Coif serves. He has truly experienced a loss and overcame it; making Coif’s loss feel insignificant and petty.
Freeze (customer): 30-45 Male. An over the top comicbook villain straight out of a 90’s movie. Able to speak with a thick Australian accent.
Mister J (customer): 30-40 Male. A clown with a unique sense of humor.
Super hero/villain Extras: Superman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Medusa, Batman
6:30 pm - Twisted Wisconsin Shorts- A collection of some of the best genre shorts from around Wisconsin. Featuring everything from comedies, a documentary, thrillers, and creepy clowns. Hosted by Deadgar Winter and his Dead Girls. With many of the directors in attendance. Runtime - 120 minutes
- American Zombie - Dir. Joe Bowes
- Dead Man's Carnival: A Conversation with Pinkerton Xyloma - Dir. Casey Malone
- Don't Cry, Papa - Dir. Danny Villanueva
- Do You Love Me? - Dir. Michael Viers (World Premiere)
- Everlasting - Dir. Ramon Campos Jr.
- Gags - Dir. Adam Krause
- Last Chance - Dir. Oswaldo Martinez
- The Switchback - Dir. Eli Streenlage
- Where the Great Spirits Live - Dir. Melonie Gartner
9 pm - Opening Night Party at 42 Lounge
12 pm - Liquid Dreams: Not Your Father's Saturday Morning Cartoons - A collection of animated films that will bring you to bizare worlds and deadly encounters. Runtime - 72 minutes
- Death and the Iron Maiden - Dir. Kevin McGuiness
- Disappearance - Dir. Konie Kim
- Don't Look Under Your Bed - Dir. Radheya Jegatheva
- First Snowfall - Dir. Sam Chou
- Ghost Pirates - Dir. Maxwell Perry
- Giant Squid - Dir. Maxwell Perry
- Hive - Dir. Adam Ciolfi
- Me, Baby, and the Alligator - Dir. Jean Faucher
- Nightmare Endless - Dir. Jorge F. de Sauza
- Prisma - Dir. Coop Cooper
- Sitophobia - Dir. Bradford Uyeda
- Sweet Selfdestruction - Dir. Sandra Jovanowska
- The Perfumist - Dir. Fabulous Four
- Vicarious - Dir. Dana Grace Windsor
- You are not the Strongest -Dir. Emilio Yebra
2 pm - Serial Killer Culture - Dir. John Borowski - A Documentary that examines the reasons why artists and collectors are fascinated by serialkillers. Through music, painting, filmmaking, writing, and collecting thirteen individuals are interviewed about creating art and searching for murderous artifacts. Immediately following we will have a panel discussion with director John Borowski and one of the subjects of the film Hart Fisher. Runtime - 110 minutes
4:30 pm - BGG (Blood, Guts, and Gore) Nightmare Short Block - A block of shorts for those that love gore. Not for the faint of heart. Runtime - 96 minutes
- Blurred Vision - Dir. Michael Giannantonio
- Chateau Souvignon: Terroir - Dir. David E. Munz-Maire
- Die! Sitter! Die!: Rupert - Dir. Boxleitner Brothers
- Do Not Disturb! - Dir. Pedro Tavares
- Girl #2 - Dir. David Jeffery
- Cauchemar Capitonne (Studded Nightmare) - Dir. Jean-Claude Leblanc
- The Stylist - Dir. Jill Gevargizian
7 pm - Welcome to Willits - Dir. Trevor Ryan - Based on the SXSW Award Winning Short Film this feature adaption is about a group of campers who get lost in the woods near Willits, California. There they encounter strange locals and tales of creatures roaming the woods. Are the stories true? And will they make it out alive? Runtime - 83 minutes
9:30 pm - Who's Watching Oliver? - Dir. Richie Moore - Oliver is a mentally unstable loner lost in a life forced upon him. By Night Oliver wanders the streets and bars on what can only be described as a truly shocking and humiliating killing spree. His only savior and possible way out of a life he is desperate to escape comes in the form of the beautiful Sophia with her sweet eccentricity and naivety to the danger she has put herself in. Will Oliver escape his life? Will Sophia survive? And Who is Watching Oliver? Runtime - 87 minutes
Preceded by the Short Film Salt - Directed by Diego Freitas
Midnight - Another Yeti Life a Love Story: Life on the Street -Dir. Adam Deyoe and Eric Gosselin - Adam, a single father of a yeti baby, is dragged into the seedy underbelly of Los Angeles when his child is kidnapped by an Evil Pimp. Now, with the help of his two new friends, a heroin-addicted yeti prostitute and a sexy stripper, he must fight the forces of evil to save his baby and the world. Runtime - 76 minutes
Preceded by the Short Film Polterstache - Dir. by Nolan Lewis
12 pm- Sunday Brunch Short Block: No Food Just Terror - The creepiest films from around the world will have your heart racing and keep you on the edge of your seat. Runtime - 110 minutes
- Game of Chess - Dir. William David Glenn IV
- Amnesia - Dir. Amanda Abicalaffe
- Hada - Dir. Tony Morales
- NASTY - Dir. Prano Bailey-Bond
- Nibble - Dir Jason Buff
- Siren Call - Dir, Rob Stephens
- The Creep - Dir. Justyn Buske
- The Melody of Evil - Dir. Miguel Angel Duran
- Undercover Mistress - Dir. Giulio Ciancamerla
- VEXED - Dir. Marc Cartwright
2:30 pm - This Woods is Cursed - Dir. Michael Butt - A Wisconsin feature that find five friends going into the woods to celebrate the life of their dear departed friend Francis. During the festivities they awaken an ancient curse. Will any get out alive? Runtime - 88 minutes
Preceded by Murder in the Making: A Documentary- Dir. Hunter Rising
5 pm - Twisted Fantasies Block - A collection of other worldly shorts that will bring you to alternate realities where anything can happen. Runtime - 102 minutes
- Lane (The Dark Wood) Dir. Damon Griffin
- Mayday - Dir. Sebastian Vanicek
- Solitude - Dir. Joris Donvil
- Swing Shift - Dir. Brett Stillo and GRIMES
- The Barber's Cut - Dir. Mark Brocking
- The Puppet Man - Dir. Jacqueline Castel
- The Rat's Dilemma - Dir. Naor Meningher
- The Unconventional Gourment - Dir. Wendy Keeling
- Three Skeleton Key - Dir. Andrew Hamer
7:30 pm - The Power - Dir. Paul Hills - Magda, an anthropologist, is abducted by a cult. Her only way out might be to try to convince them that she is a follower too. But will it work? Runtime - 124 minutes