Spotlight: Jess Lowney
LSP Member Spotlight - 2015.01.26
1. How did you find out about Living Storm Productions? What made you want to become part of the group?
I worked with Alex [Contreras] at a life insurance company a while back and he mentioned Living Storm Productions. At that time, he needed help with the website. I came on as web admin because it sounded fun, I wanted to help him out, and also meet new people! I moved away after that for grad school and then a job, but Alex has been kind enough to keep me on as a consultant.
2. What first interested you in film?
I love movies and I’m interested in seeing how they’re made. I guess you could call it a general curiosity about film making.
3. For you, what’s the most exciting part about making a film?
I like seeing all the different kinds of people involved and the coordination that it takes to pull it off. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication not to let it flop.
4. What is your experience in filmmaking?
Pretty much none besides LSP!
5. What are some of your filmmaking ambitions?
I just want to be useful in whatever way I can. I’m really busy these days, but I try to find time to help LSP out if I’m available.
— with Jessica Lowney.