Spotlight: Melonie Gartner
1. How did you find out about Living Storm Productions? What made you want to become part of the group?
I met some of the Living Storm Productions members at Wildwood Film Festival in 2016. Eventually, I got to meet all members when I attended Lakeside Short Film Festival in the same year. Everybody was very nice, creative and supportive. Just a very nice group of people. The group made me feel welcome with weekly phone conference invites, and I have been a part of Living Storm Productions since then.
2. What first interested you in film?
My mother was a big fan of Hollywood films and Alfred Hitchcock. I was introduced to films since little.
3. For you, what's the most exciting part about making a film?
The most exciting part about making a film is to see whatever you imagine in your head or put on paper come to life and get the audience involved. I love to thrill an audience or tug at their heart strings. It's a thrill for me to see their reaction.
4. What is your experience in filmmaking?
With my own films, I wear many hats – I have done everything except lighting, DPing and editing.
5. What are some of your filmmaking ambitions?
My goal is to make a feature with a decent budget. I'm currently in early pre-production stage for a feature and hope to raise enough funding for the vision that I have for the film. Another goal is to reach other cultures by making films in different languages.